Tuesday, August 04, 2015

A Sudden Shock of Truth

After 10 weeks of schooling, it was time for my students to give a valuation of how their learning in our computer lab that have taken place according to their perspective.  The valuation was done through questionnaires consisting of questions about initial prologue, content and review of each content. After the results of the questionnaire were acquired, I found time to see the results of their review.


At first I was quite taken aback as I read the low end reviews but then I realised.. hey.. this is how I could learn.. from this review I could change myself to be better. To understand their needs and not just stand behind my excuses of why I didn't put in so much effort into them. This moment is the time I should change, be more professional and put all my effort to be better. By reading their reviews from the questionnaire, I got a lot of insights (pembelajaran) from my students. I found out what my students needed  

First, Introductions..
Develop a creative introduction to the topic to stimulate interest and encourage thinking.

Second, content and mood...
By creating meaningful learning experiences 

Third, review...
Check for understanding and develop a conclusion 

 Learning from these facts, I asked myself these questions; 
(1) Have I given my best effort on the things I do?
(2) Have I used the resources, facilities, time that I have optimally? 
(3) Have I put forward the needs of others before my own?

And if these questions where given to you, what would your answers be?
Let us strive to be the better of us each and everyday of our lives.