Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Yup... start now.

I've known from a long time that the best way to learn something is to do it.
The best way to learn how to write, would be to just write.
The best way to learn how to cook, is to just go to the kitchen and start cooking
But knowing... just knowing without doing is just not enough.

So here I am trying to get myself to write.
The first thing on my mind is...

WHAT am I looking for in my life.
If we talk about what we want in life, it should be the essentials. Like you wouldn't say I want a brand new car or a house or something that would make you stop looking once you've grasp it.
So I guess what I want is to have a meaningful life, blessed!

I used to work in a company creating their sites, making them exist on the web.
There comes a time when I feel I'm not doing anything worthwhile, that.. a job like mine would not help others, that I am only doing this for the money and I'm not making any changes to peoples life's.

At that moment in time I got one of those emails that Upik Djalins sent to several mailing-list, inviting people to help support community-libraries with books they so desperately need. I don't even know who Upik was at that time, but one thing is for sure that moment had given me the chance to help others, doing something meaningful.
To me 1001buku is love a first sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment